Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Wolverine (2013)



The Wolverine is very underwhelming. :(

There are barely 2 1/2 mutants in the entire movie! That's nuts! I understand this movie title doesn't use the term "X-Men" but barely 3 mutants? C'mon! The introduction of various mutant powers is the reason we love X-Men!

It's basically a carbon copy of Elektra, and when I say carbon copy, I mean not as good! Bad guys after the girl, reluctant loner protects the girl, loner fights the bad guys to save the girl. Elektra at least has awesome mutants, entertaining visuals, and likable characters. In fact, it's more like a cookie cutter Jason Statham movie with an X-Men title. It's unoriginal and bland.

The one good thing is Hugh Jackman. Now I may be a little biased but he is a damn good actor in what ever role he plays. There is no denying that. The only thing The Wolverine did for me was feed my Hugh Jackman fix until I watch Prisoners.

Skip this one unless you too need your Hugh Jackman fix.

The Wolverine trailer...



No comments:

Post a Comment